The Chicken Club Circle(s) of Love
"True love is falling in love with the same person over and over again."
"Love is like a roller coaster, once you have completed the ride, you want to go again."
"Falling in love with you was never my intention. but it became my addiction."
Ahhh, the "I'm in love and you should hear about it quote"- appropriate for so many things: the angst ridden teenager; the lovelorn social media poster begging for attention; and the real, heartfelt I-just-want-the-world-to-know LOVE that makes you feel the feelings all over. We know the last all too well because this, THIS, is how we feel about sandwiches. We could make Joey Tribbiani envious whilst professing our love for the sandwich. And whether you know it or not, it's how everybody feels about the sandwich. And anybody who tells you otherwise is a fucking liar.
Recently we were invited to an awesome pot-luck-holiday-shin-dig-thingy and asked to bring something for people to snack on since burgers and dogs would be provided as the main dish. A snack you say? A SNACK YOU SAY?? Sign us up. We (naturally) decided on a sandwich and made it into a snack.
The Chicken Club BLT ring / circle / wheel is a semi-homemade concoction (Sandra Lee wasn't ashamed, so we're certainly not) where we skip the "from scratch" dough part because we're all about (that bass, no treble) instant gratification. Stuffed with rotisserie chicken, bacon and cheese as the main ingredients, the Chicken BLT is wrapped in crescent roll dough and then baked to bubbling perfection. This circle of love is then cut into 16 pieces and served with a side America's favorite pastime - ranch dressing. Warm, crisp and gooey, we have no regrets about our experiment and will likely shove it down people's throats again soon.
Also, we got engaged, because LOVE.
CHICKEN CLUB CIRCLE OF LOVE
Makes: 2 Rings
Prep Time: an eternity to shred chicken PLUS 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
2 8-oz tubes of crescent rolls
1 (3-4 lb) rotisserie chicken
10 slices of bacon
1 can fire roasted tomatoes (FIERCLY drained)
1 cup parsley, (chopped)
3 cloves fresh garlic (minced)
1 bunch scallions (thinly sliced)
1 cup mozzarella (shredded)
1/2 cup gruyere (shredded)
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup dijon
zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Line a plate with paper towel. Chop bacon into half inch pieces and cook till crisp. Then remove with a slotted spoon and place on lined plate.
- Shred rotisserie chicken into a large bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Combine all ingredients with the shredded rotisserie chicken and mix well. If it appears too dry, add lemon juice or an additional tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- Unroll crescent roll dough; separate into 16 triangles (each cookie sheet) and overlap thick ends creating the shape of the sun (see images below)
- Spoon filling onto the wide end of the dough and fold triangle tips over, tucking excess dough beneath the sun.
- Bake at 375 F for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Cut each into 16 pieces and serve with ranch.